In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Would you fight?

Comments

• Options
    StealthStealth Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello. I stumbled on to this site about three days ago and I like the points of view that are posted on this forum so I decided to join .
    I am very glad to see that there are other people out their that share my same or similar points of view.
    You ask if I would fight? YES .
    I do believe in fighting smart - not a 5 minute vain attempt to hold them at the door.
    I feel very strong about our right to have firearms and I feel that we will be a defeated people if we loose them.

Raptor
  • Options
    D.K.D.K. Member Posts: 291 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry Stealth,

But as far as preserving freedoms, you are a day late and dollar short!

The war is over already! America as is is supposed to be is dead! [xx(][xx(]
  • Options
    Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    YES

Self defence is an ablsolute and natural right. Keep your powder dry! J. Rau, Alaska
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    D.K. is pretty bitter...indeed with good reason. Witnessing events for the last 20-30 years can take every bit of optimism out of a person believing in freedom...

The beast has won nearly every battle to date....BUT NOT THE WAR.
  • Options
    elkoholicelkoholic Member Posts: 5,130
    edited November -1
    I pray that DK is wrong. If he is right then why fight? Only a fool fights a battle he knows he can't win. For those who don't think it's too late, I implore you not to wait to fight but fight smart, vote, write, speak out, and for the sake of all of us teach a child to hunt and shoot.
  • Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:D.K. is pretty bitter...

Holy smokes! Highball calling SOMEBODY ELSE bitter?!?[:D][:D][:D]

These past few posts remind me of Comengetit's first thread:

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=168283

Unfortunately he deleted most of it out of concern for catching the attention of "them".

-Wolf

wwsm.GIF
    MOLON LABE

The Second Amendment begins when the First Amendment ends.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Oh, yes...I can recognize the symptoms well enough...[:D]

One looks around at all the dead weight riding on their betters shoulders..and it is easy to get discourged.
    All those people willing to turn over to the government every facet of freedom...plus most of their hard-worked for money...people really not fit to live in a free country. Luckily, for them...they don't.

God,Guts,& GunsHave we lost all 3 ??
  • Options
    shootstrightshootstright Member Posts: 342 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes , this is the time to fright back, not so much with lead as with the power of the people. One needs to shame a person a day ( each and every one of us) that has his hand out to get something from the government.
    This thread and the MC gun thread need to be kicked up to the top as often as we can .
    I have read a lot of the other forums on GB and I have to say that this is were the hard cases are. This is a good thing not meant to be an insult .
    This thread has more real people posting on it that all the others. The thought that goes into some of the post have been contrived by minds that are able to think. Not put together with
    warm and fuzzy wet dreams like some of the other forums at this site .
    The thing that we need to do is assemble the forces and make an army of like minded hard cases. I see some new faces are posting here , this is good.
    A little long winded but good.
    Instead of bashing the GOA and NRA we need to be a part of it . It is to big a deal to start a new organization and make it like us . We need to become a part of what is available and make that organization like us.
    Clay busters join forces with anti's to ban AW's , Brick and mortar FFL's joined forces with the anti's to shut down kitchen table dealers . This is the old divide and concur plot. A death by a thousand cuts , and here we bleed our life's blood one drop at a time.
    Get involved in the next election ,ask the right questions of the people we elect. Put there signs up on your lawn don't be afraid to talk politics with the people around you . After all most DemocRATs don't know why they vote the way they do. They own guns , they don't like to kill an unborn child. Go to your Childs school and tell these airheads what you think of them. We need to do what they do make noise , lots of noise. Get it done , together .[8D]

A well armed society is the best form of homeland security.

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.
    Make yourselves sheep, and the wolves will eat you.

NRA write your Rep. will save a stamp
    http://www.capwiz.com/nra/home/
    GOA
    http://www.gunowners.org/activism.htm
  • Options
    dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hear ya shootsright. I have talked to many Demonkrat supporters. I asked them why they opposed my gun rights. They said they supported them. I asked why they wanted to kill the unborn babies. They said they were opposed to abortion. I then asked why they were with the Demonkrats if they opposed their two main issues. They had no response other than that was the best choice they had.

Guess it's all true about the Demonazis not wanting people to think for themselves.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Wow, a triple amen to that, shootsright.

quote:Put there signs up on your lawn don't be afraid to talk politics with the people around you .

I couldn't agree more with this suggestion, but I still have a lot of trouble with it in practice. I tend to be as low-key and non-intrusive an individual as possible, so it is difficult for me to speak out in fear of making myself a target. But you are right, this is what we need to do. I need to attend the town council each month, I need to press a co-worker when they make an anti-gun comment (albeit in a careful and respectful way, otherwise my job WILL be the target).

Thanks for those great thoughts. [;)]

-Wolf
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by WoundedWolf
    Wow, a triple amen to that, shootsright.

quote:Put there signs up on your lawn don't be afraid to talk politics with the people around you .

I couldn't agree more with this suggestion, but I still have a lot of trouble with it in practice. I tend to be as low-key and non-intrusive an individual as possible, so it is difficult for me to speak out in fear of making myself a target. But you are right, this is what we need to do. I need to attend the town council each month, I need to press a co-worker when they make an anti-gun comment (albeit in a careful and respectful way, otherwise my job WILL be the target).

Thanks for those great thoughts. [;)]

-Wolf

WW
    We are all targets, we all have guns .
    Just look what is happening in Canada.
    The sheep in Canada are losing there
    freedom to the crap for brains liberals.
    They steel the peoples money and freedom
    and give it to the scum that would ride instead
    of pulling there own weight. They protect the
    criminals instead of letting us shoot them.
    We are never going to win by being quite ,
    and keeping a lo profile.
    If we lose our jobs, make a better one work for yourself.
    Become selfemployed.[8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Shootsright,

I appreciate the spirit of your comments, but, for me, I have to look at the situation from a practical point of view. Right now I am responsible for caring for my wife and future family. Although I would like to envision myself as a staunch defender of the 2nd Amendment, it would be pointless for me to get in an argument with a co-worker that could ultimately cost me my job. Now, if the gun grabbers came to my door, then that would be a totally different situation entirely. Either way, I do agree that we should all be more active in this cause. It doesn't take much to attend a couple city council or county board meetings each month, or to find and support a local pro-gun candidate.

I think we have had a couple of threads that discuss these scenarios, like the one about having support at home. If the JBTs were bearing down on my town (or your towns), pulling people out of homes and throwing them in prison, then I will do all in my power to be there. But for me to pick a fight with some weenie that is gonna cost me my livlihood, that just doesn't make sense. I would rather take their money and give it to the pro-gun cause. I would love to work in a 100% pro-gun workplace, but my profession tends to be filled with mostly Liberals.

-Wolf
  • Options
    edited November -1
    WW
    I would love to work in a 100% pro-gun workplace, but my profession tends to be filled with mostly Liberals.

WW
    I fell for you.
    Take them out shooting one at a time and change them.
    Women are easy they like it after they get the chance
    to try shooting . I let them start with a 22 hand gun or a
    rifle semi-auto's are the most fun for them.[8D]
  • Options
    ComengetitComengetit Member Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by WoundedWolf
    quote:D.K. is pretty bitter...

Holy smokes! Highball calling SOMEBODY ELSE bitter?!?[:D][:D][:D]

These past few posts remind me of Comengetit's first thread:

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=168283

Unfortunately he deleted most of it out of concern for catching the attention of "them".

-Wolf

wwsm.GIF
    MOLON LABE

The Second Amendment begins when the First Amendment ends.

Ah yes, the first thread. I remember it well and I now wish I had left it alone. Paranoid is no way to go through life so I figure, if they want to come after me for exercising my first amendment right to free speech then I will be forced to exercise my second amendment right and defend my first. After all, wasn't it Thomas Jefferson who said,"...for the defense of ones self and country against enemies both foreign and domestic..."?

Thanks for remembering, it makes it all worth it if what you type reaches people, even though most of the time I am preaching to the choir it is still worth saying, you never know what may spark the next person's brilliant idea that may save us all.

I think you guys somewhat enjoy my rants so I will continue to be me and let it fly, hoping not to offend any of my brethren here as if I mean to offend you won't have to ask ifyou have been offended. I don't pull punches, never have never will. I was the kind of pitcher that hitters hated to face and I knew it. I threw 95 mph and was deadly accurate in my delivery. I also was not afraid to put it one's ear in defense of a teammate or just to send a message. All the other teams players' called me 'the Barber of the hill" as I was known to point out when someone had gotten out of line, it's an attitude. I can't change it nor do I have any desire to do so. If you are new here, speak freely but expect to get ripped if you are a person who types for the sake of belonging, we are deadly serious in our beliefs and aren't afraid to speak it.

Oh, one more thing...I can tend to be long winded so if you're in a rush you may want to skip my posts.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    comengetit "I can tend to be long winded "

Thats OK, I like to know that I am not the only
    hard case out here.

How goes your target work.
    Are you ready for a new tip.[8D]
  • Options
    One shotOne shot Member Posts: 1,027
    edited November -1
    What good would fighting do? would it make a big impact on things to come? With the mind set of Americans today I do not think we could get a significant numbers of people to support this action. One or two hundred people offering opposition would be a drop in the bucket with no significant impact. One or two hundred thousand people, they would have to be noticed and addressed. Steangth comes in numbers not heros.
  • Options
    KYfatboyKYfatboy Member Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You've got to stand for something, or you'll fall for anything. If you stand alone so be it.quote:Originally posted by One shot
    What good would fighting do? would it make a big impact on things to come? With the mind set of Americans today I do not think we could get a significant numbers of people to support this action. One or two hundred people offering opposition would be a drop in the bucket with no significant impact. One or two hundred thousand people, they would have to be noticed and addressed. Steangth comes in numbers not heros.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Stand for something or live for nothing. I am also not willing to die for nothing when it comes to providing for my family. Like I said " there is streangth in numbers" and I just don't see the numbers.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    After what I witnessed today I could care less either way. I asked one of our troops on our insallation "if ordered to, would you shoot an armed or unarmed American citezen. His answer was "yes" with no hesitation. I asked "even if the order viotated the constitution or bill of rights. "Yes", he replied. With a mindset like that, who cares. I did tell him that we would be on apposing sides of the conflict. God help him if speed was in my favor. In a case such as this, "hell yes I would fight". It is real sad when our defenders can not think or reason for themselves. I know (hope) they are not all of this mold, but to hell with the ones that are.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by One shot
    After what I witnessed today I could care less either way. I asked one of our troops on our insallation "if ordered to, would you shoot an armed or unarmed American citezen. His answer was "yes" with no hesitation. I asked "even if the order viotated the constitution or bill of rights. "Yes", he replied. With a mindset like that, who cares. I did tell him that we would be on apposing sides of the conflict. God help him if speed was in my favor. In a case such as this, "hell yes I would fight". It is real sad when our defenders can not think or reason for themselves. I know (hope) they are not all of this mold, but to hell with the ones that are.

Looks like you are starting to see the light. [;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Then go hide in the corner with your tail between your legs. If one is not willing to stand up and fight for that which is right, and this is truly your opinion,then you are of no use to anyone, for anything. It is this very mindset displayed by your post that brought America to the pathetic state we currently are in. That being said, hope you live close to A police station, so you can be kept safe at night, and any time you are at home. Be sure to keep your doors locked as well. No one would want to see A criminal get in your house, and bring harm to you and your family, it might take A little while for the poliza to get to you to keep you safe.quote:Originally posted by One shot
    Stand for something or live for nothing. I am also not willing to die for nothing when it comes to providing for my family. Like I said " there is streangth in numbers" and I just don't see the numbers.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am perfectly able of taking care of me and my own. As for someone getting in my home, would you like to give it a shot. As for my mind set bringing this country down, I don't think so. This country, as great as it is, started to go to crap somewhere around he late 50's to mid 60's. Remember "make love not war". How aboiut those Nixons or better yet Klintons. There are two exampless of fine upastanding morals for ya. You want to blame someone for the state of affairs in America today, start there or look in a mirror. Play it smart, pick your battles, and hope they are the ones that have the greatest impact. Like I also said "I don't see the numbers" and if you do please show me the light. If these forums are any indicator of them it's not looking good.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:After what I witnessed today I could care less either way. I asked one of our troops on our insallation "if ordered to, would you shoot an armed or unarmed American citezen. His answer was "yes" with no hesitation. I asked "even if the order viotated the constitution or bill of rights. "Yes", he replied. With a mindset like that, who cares. I did tell him that we would be on apposing sides of the conflict. God help him if speed was in my favor. In a case such as this, "hell yes I would fight". It is real sad when our defenders can not think or reason for themselves. I know (hope) they are not all of this mold, but to hell with the ones that are.

One shot, 150 years ago our nation had brothers in arms that were learning of similar differences between each other's "world views". We all know what happened a few short years later. Perhaps we may see "brother against brother" once again, in our lifetimes perhaps.

-Wolf
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Mr oneshot please do not take offence. Everyone is intitled to their own opinion. I'm just glad that back around 1776 A group of Americans weren't to afraid of being outnumbered, and outgunned. If they had been, we might be subjects of the crown today.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    None taken and none intended. a simple offer to show resolve. I stand for what I believe in as do others. I for one believe in my family. No, I do not rely on local law enforcement to provide for my security. By the time you find yourself in a need for help from your local law enforcement agency it is normally to late. they will show up in time to clean up the mess. No offence intended towards them, but they can not be everywhere and normally they do not have the man power to provide this type of rapid response.
  • Options
    joker5656joker5656 Member Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well considering if they did take away guns, it would make me think what else is on there minds (what rights do they have in plan next). yeah i would fight.
  • Options
    tysonagreentysonagreen Member Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As I posted in another thread along these same lines, I pray for the ability to know when the time comes to take up arms against the US government and the courage to do so.
  • Options
    Jeb StuartJeb Stuart Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm sure its all been said before in this long thread, but here is my two cents.
    1. They will come for the full autos first.
    2. If you are worried about more restrictions on ammo then do what I do: Learn to reload and stockpile brass, bullets, lead and powder now. BTW, reloading and casting bullets is a fun hobby anyway.
    3. When the time comes, a few (hopefully more than a few) of us machine gun owners will go down fighting, but the majority of gun owners will not be up in arms at this juncture because they won't see it as applying to them personally. I'll die in that first wave, so I won't be around to say I told you so when they come for the rest of your guns not long after. The idea of hiding to fight another day holds some interest, but i think i would be so p'd off at them trying to take my guns I won't want to run. And besides, do you think they will announce the day and hour, or will they come like the thief in the night (more like army in the night, right?). The first the public will hear of the actual event will be the CNN headline "ATF in standoff with gun nuts across the country" and the networks will have long discussions about why we gun owners are so radical and why can't we obey the laws like everyone else, and why do we want to own machine guns anyway, and what kind of psychological issues do we have that make us think that big brother is after us.
    That is more than two cents worth so i'm done.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    One more thing:
    On that day I would cease to be a member of the Armed Forces and would be forced to head back to my home of record to defend my family from my former employer.
  • Options
    bunny1911bunny1911 Member Posts: 32 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by trstone
    Simple question: Suppose the Feds decided to go British on us, and said "No more firearms, period. Turn them all in, or we'll confiscate them." Would you turn them in, or, when they came to your door, would you fight?

You bet your * I would. I'd fight hard too. I would honestly rather die fighting than live in a country that took away my constitutional rights.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, you continue to amaze, Bunny.
    It is rare in today's emasculated America to find a MAN with fire in the belly.....
    You would do to ride the river with.

I will cash in my chips one of these days...old men do...but it is gratifing knowing that some tiny percentage of people that live here in America still ARE Americans....unwilling to buy off on the crap fed us on a daily basis by the elitists and their handmaidens, the media...
  • Options
    kyplumberkyplumber Member Posts: 11,111
    edited November -1
    A definate yes here too. This thread is one of the best on the net. The people contained herein are an inspiration, a breath of fresh air even.

cc: ECHELON
    bcc: NSA
  • Options
    edited November -1
    One thing is for certain, if A body wouldn't, then they ain't worth the dirt it would take to bury them.
  • Options
    StealthStealth Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    kyplumber
    This is the same way I felt when I found it.
    I was glad to see their was other people saying what I was thinking.[:)]
    Fight smart!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It's nice to see all of the newbie's here . Welcome to this place in time.
    This is ground that needs to be plowed daily . Perhaps this post needs to be forwarded to your reps. and senators , not that they could or would understand what it was all about . Most aren't that smart in the first place. Just look at the hearings for the SC judge this last week.[8D]

A well armed society is the best form of homeland security.

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.
    Make yourselves sheep, and the wolves will eat you.

NRA write your Rep. will save a stamp
    http://www.capwiz.com/nra/home/
    GOA
    http://www.gunowners.org/activism.htm
  • Options
    11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The way I see it, there's an open revolution against the US Government coming within the next couple generations. Those of us who own guns or support the 2nd Amendment need to not only buy all the guns and ammo we can, but also teach our children what is happening and hope that they accept our viewpoints.

Regarding the revolution, the big question of who will win all comes down to the US Military. Who will they side with? The government that issues the orders and pays the wages, or the people they swore to defend? If I'm still around and in the Army when this happens, I know I will side with the people of this country. Why? Because first and foremost, I am a US Citizen. I believe in the image our founding fathers had for our country. I feel that they'd be ashamed of what it has become.

As to the original question, I'd fight, then head for the swamp, in my case, because what government official in their right mind will want to go into a mosquito- and fly-infested cesspool to track down one na'er-do-well with a bunch of guns who just wants to kill them if they get too close?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    As for my brother (Marines) and myself (Navy), we say right on Zulu7. As far as I'm concerned any order to take up arms against my fellow citizens en masse would be an unlawful order under the UCMJ. I know my conscience and I'm sure I will never find myself in a position similar to those former nazi soldiers who had to defend themselves in court for the orders they blindly followed.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just read back a few posts and read the line of "reasoning" that One Shot was taking on this issue.

I feel that anyone who's willing to stand up for what they believe in, regardless of numbers, will get noticed in this country if the cause is big enough.

With something like the total ban on all firearms and firearm accessories, I'd say that's a big enough cause. One person, or even a couple hundred people across the country shooting it out with the powers that be after such a law was passed is bound to make the front page. Something like this is BIG in ways that not even all of us posting realize. There are hundreds of thousands of sportsmen (and women), gun collectors, enthusiasts, and fanatics in this country that'll throw up the loudest rukus that the world will ever hear if the gov't tries something like this.

I sleep with a 30-06 rifle and a 12-ga shotgun under my bed. The ammo for them isn't very far away, and by that I mean it's in my room and easily accessable. I leave my doors unlocked, too. If you want to break into my house at any time of the day, I hope you're paid up with God, because He might just be the next thing you see. If you're not, say "Hi" to Lucifer for me. My openness with my weapons makes me feel comfterble. If it were up to me, I would have them on a rack on my wall with either loaded mags or a couple boxes of ammo right beneath them.

Being a gun-enthusiast is more than a hobby or an obsession. It's a way of life for some people. And as long as those people keep their voices heard, there won't be any laws eliminating our Constitutional right to own and use weapons.

As a Wisconsin citizen, I can honestly say that I hope Doyle DOESN'T veto the new concealed-carry bill. And if the *@#!^& does, I hope that Legislature over-rules it. I'd feel safer being able to carry my 1911 legally.

All I can say to all of you who would FIGHT, either initally, or covertly, need to get and stay political. Stay on top of your senators and representatives in congress. Let them KNOW where their district stands on gun control. In other words, DEFEND your 2nd Amendment rights by USING your 1st Amendments rights.

Everyone says that the 1st is provided by the 2nd. That may be true. But the 2nd is protected in this day in age by the 1st. We all need both for the country to continue, and to hopefully improve.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Zulu 7
    Ammo belongs in the firearm you could end up dead
    while you are atempting to load it.[8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It's funny that you should mention that since you have no idea what my level of skill with weapons is. I carry a loaded assult rifle every day and I've never once had an incident with negligent discharges or with pointing my weapon in an unsafe direction. Why don't you try NOT insulting the soldiers that provide the blanket of freedom you cherish so much.

Better yet, enlist and EARN your corner of the blanket.