In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Would you fight?

Comments

• Options
    codenamepaulcodenamepaul Member Posts: 2,931
    edited November -1
    Lighten up Zulu. It was meant that the ammo should be IN the weapon as you may not get the opportunity to load it.

Don't be so quick on the trigger- most of us are vets,combat ones at that. Those who provided your blanket while you grew up, those who provide-via our tax dollars (well spent I may add)the blanket you currently live under. Its an ongoing thing you see, as I did not see an expiration on my oath. We all do our part in different ways albeit with the same goal in mind.

Paul
  • Options
    shootstrightshootstright Member Posts: 342 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by codenamepaul
    Lighten up Zulu. It was meant that the ammo should be IN the weapon as you may not get the opportunity to load it.

Don't be so quick on the trigger- most of us are vets,combat ones at that. Those who provided your blanket while you grew up, those who provide-via our tax dollars (well spent I may add)the blanket you currently live under. Its an ongoing thing you see, as I did not see an expiration on my oath. We all do our part in different ways albeit with the same goal in mind.

Paul

Thanks codenamepaul

Zulu 7
    I only insult morrons and crap for brains liberals[8D]
    Ammo needs to be in the gun all of the time it is
    within your reach.
    82nd AB D mod crew
  • Options
    shotdoctrshotdoctr Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes.

Tooth and nail to the end. I rose my right hand and swore to defend the constitution against all enemies both foreign and domestic. And I meant it. I do not believe that just because I am no longer in the military that my oath goes away. That is a US soldiers first and most important duty. So count me in....
  • Options
    shootstrightshootstright Member Posts: 342 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shotdoctr
    Yes.

Tooth and nail to the end. I rose my right hand and swore to defend the constitution against all enemies both foreign and domestic. And I meant it. I do not believe that just because I am no longer in the military that my oath goes away. That is a US soldiers first and most important duty. So count me in....

Shotdoctr
    This a mindset I have not come across in a very long time. It says it all ,it is all that needs to be said.[8D]

A well armed society is the best form of homeland security.
  • Options
    cbr954cbr954 Member Posts: 625 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Firearms?? What firearms???? I sold them all years ago...[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have thought about this post alot since the first time I read it. It has really eaten away at me. The replies that I have read make my heart ache. I fully understand those who reply no, because those meanie who wont fight dont derserve your effort for them to be free. While I can see the point I look at where that leaves the likes of me.
    I am not fighting so my coward next door neighbor can be free. I am not fighting for my freedom so that the cowards in San Francisco can be free either. I will stand and fight because the men I respect and love them men and women who have died so I could be free. They did not fight and die so they could be free but so you and I could be free. Sacrafice is what we are talking about here. Am I right? Dam congress and the Senate Dam everyone living off the freedom that men like all of YOU and me have provided with our sweat blood and tears. Dam them all. I will stand and fight because the men who came before me did and I will not dishonor them or there sacrafice because of what a bunch of trash has been up to for the last 60 or 70 years.
    The people on here are going to be all men like me have in there corner. And make no mistake. It will happen! History repeats it's self. It is a fact!
    Supported or not I will stand and fight. If all it comes to is a few whisps of smoke that will be fine with me. But I wont trade who I am because of what the trash of this country does.
    It was not my intention to offend anyone with this. This was just eating at me.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sorry that last post had alot of errors. Typing to fast and pissed off. My point was. That I am not going to allow the liberal communist trash to make me not stand up for what I believe in.
    I am going to honor the lives and sacrafices of all of those who came before me.
    I just hope whene you all hear my shots and see the smoke that you will honor them and do your duty...

Far better it is to dare mighty things. And to win glorious battles, though checkerd by failure. Than to take rank with those poor souls who live in the grim twilight and no not victory nor defeat.
    Teddy Roosevelt..
    The Ruff Riders...
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Shotdoc;
    Pain is a part of believing in freedom..when the system is going bad.

I have come to understand that those supporting gun control are riding on the shoulders of better men then they..they are parasites, in other words.
    The temptation is to not fight the good fight..because the scum seems to raise to the top..but decent men can do no less then keep the faith.
    Those honorable men that read the words I write.."Withdraw from the rotten politics..allow those evil men their moment in the sun"...cringe at the very thought..they think I mean to lie down and submit.
    Nothing could be futher from the truth then that.

I just recognize that the corruption is too far gone to fight with conventional means...and not far enough yet to justify open conflict.
  • Options
    ComengetitComengetit Member Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh you have got that right Highball, let me tell you all a little bit of news you may find comforting. Just like each of us here on this forum that has a pair, there are so many others, in the mountains of West Virginia, the Coal mines of Kentucky, the bayous of the great southern states, the deserts of Arizona and Nevada, the cities of Detroit and Birmingham and Pittsburgh and Atlanta, Kansas City and St. Louis, Boston and Chicago, Denver and Green Bay, Indianapolis and Baltimore...we are everywhere and there is no doubt in my mind that when the time comes you will hear the roar of those men who refuse to be led or have their countrymen led into the bowels of slavery. They will come from everywhere across this nation to fight against our oppressors, as long as they realized they are being oppressed. AS LONG AS THEY REALIZE THEY ARE BEING OPPRESSED! Herein lies the rub, who is going to let them in on that dirty little secret. It has been covered in so much political muck that one must scrape his eyes to see. The best America has to offer are those men and women that are at the heart of this country, the steel workers, the miners, the construction workers, farmers, the cattle industry, TEXANS ( I wouldn't want to be the one to tell Texas that they are under the control of a dictatorship and they are being led to slaughter, Texans have a way of taking that mighty personal.)

Those men and women that will ultimately be looking down the barrel of their 30.06's at a fellow American already know the day is coming, they just don't talk about it. Take a trip into the backwoods of Tennessee and go into a bar, ask any man in there if he will fight for not his, but someone elses freedom. He will ask one simple question. "Who do I get to kill and will I be able to have him stuffed?" Gentlemen and Ladies, We ourselves are guilty of allowing our very own thoughts and ideals to be manipulated by the evil media and television. The opinions we have of our fellow man are those we have formed based on what we see and hear, well where do we see it and hear it? Real honest to goodness Americans are the backbone of this Country and we are out there and we are a great many, far too many for any government to control. So when, not if, when it all comes down. Don't look back, I will be there, jaFlowers will be there, you will be there. You won't have to wonder if you are going to be all alone in this fight, you most definitely will not for any man that can call himself a man will be right behind you or in front of you or beside you everywhere you look I will be there, jaFlowers will be there, you will be there. Life is too short to worry about what you can not change or control. Go about your life be happy enjoy it, when the snit hits the fan you will be ready, it's instinct and we all have it. Even those of you self-proclaimed cowards will rise when those you love are threatened. You can't help it, it's an animalistic instinct that can't be taken from you. Don't believe me, come to my house and try and harm my wife. You will find hell a far better place than where you will find yourself in my house. Think about it! "Would you fight?", seems like such a cut and dried question when it is anything but for most Americans. Ask 1,000,000 people and you will get 1,000,000 different answers but when instinct takes over and it is time to protect what is theirs, they will each fight with the ferociousness of a thousand lions. "Would you fight?" Well, would yah? I think even the most docile of man will become as destructive as necessary to insure the well being of his family, that includes you! Just buy ammo and keep your guns clean, the rest will take care of itself.
    comengetit- out!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    AAAAAA bloody well MAN !!!

I don't say that often...but I BELIEVE IT..for WE are AMERICANS...and God help those stinking bast***& that have sold out this country.

I don't say it because I don't give much of a damn for the shrinking violets that only feel comfortable in crowds...Give me the company of the few that shake their fist in defiance at the evil dragon as it strikes from the sky...and raises a "Libertys' Tooth" in the other.
  • Options
    jaflowersjaflowers Member Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Comegetit, Highball,
    Glad you guys are still around on here and I hope that when the day comes we are in each other presence, as defending our way of life will be an honor with you both. I haven't said much lately after I got a bit overheated on one of these topics but rest assured I'm still around and still stocking up.

Oh, also picked up a new toy the other day.....Bushmaster BAR-10. Should be a good SHTF gun. Take care all.
    J
  • Options
    KYfatboyKYfatboy Member Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good to see ya back JAflowers. I too have recently got to new toys for things. Took the advice of everyone here, and got A HK91 308.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Many of us that are vocal won't make it to the party. Entirely too noisy about our dislike for tyranny.
    I say that to say this. Look to your friends for support. Be careful about those friends...turning them is a favorite pastime for those that hate the Constitution..and the idea that freedom SHOULD extend to somebody besides themselves.
    Thank you for the kind words. I don't exactly remember what happened..but I did notice your absence...and as one of the half-dozen that post here..you were missed. [:D]

Remember one thing. This a is a big country. No matter WHERE you live..your "little brothers" WILL be there..
    "Little Brother...as diametrically OPPOSED to 'Big Brother'.."
  • Options
    AIMSML_MSSMLAIMSML_MSSML Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by trstone
    Okay....Let's get down to where the short hairs grow.

Simple question: Suppose the Feds decided to go British on us, and said "No more firearms, period. Turn them all in, or we'll confiscate them." Would you turn them in, or, when they came to your door, would you fight? And by "fight" I mean exactly that---gun in hand, willing and ready to shoot. Not some legal wrangling in the fixed courts which would naturally side with the Feds.

I don't want to hear any theoretical or philosophical discussions about "how it couldn't happen" or "the Government could never do that anyway" or "it's a silly question because (whatever)"; I want to get an idea as to what fraction of the gun-owning population would be willing to go all the way if faced with the BATF Brownshirts hammering on their door and saying "Hand it over, peasant." I was inspired to this line of inquiry after hearing that, in a poll of U.S. soldiers, more than 25% said they'd be perfectly willing to shoot American civilians if ordered by their officers to do so....

Let me answer this way: I WILL defend the Constitution against any and all enemies, foreign OR DOMESTIC. [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    "Once more into the breach dear friends once more. We'll close in the walls with our dead. In peace nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility. But when the blast of war blows in our summon up the blood. Descise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect".
    Just as was said "for come wind come wrath. At least we'll have there harness off our backs."

God bless America.
    And God bless you all.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    To stand 15 moments as a free man...rather then 100 years crawling on ones' belly as a coward.
    THAT...people...is what AMERICANS are made of. The enuchs you see all about you are no more American then the Shumers/Fiendsteins/Kennedys that get face time on tv on a steady basis...
  • Options
    kyplumberkyplumber Member Posts: 11,111
    edited November -1
    This is really bugging me,
    WE HAVE MORE THAN GUN RIGHTS!
    90% of our GODGIVEN unalienable rights have been alienated.
    No more can a single working man make it; I am proof. I work 50 hours a week to STRUGGLE! I dont have a bleenin penny saved in the bank. Yet yolonda can have 9 meanie kids and draw off of my pay check to feed her meanie children; While daddy rots away in jail, or prison for having a sack of pot or someother neglible "crime". I believe it is too LATE!!! for americans to act, have a backbone or whatever you want to call it. The minute you dont conform to "AMERICANISM" you are a terrorist or unpatriotic. "AMERICANISM" in my belief is to just do what youre told, dont ask questions, and dont try to think or do for yourself. Is it fair that men and women of this once great nation work their tails off and still struggle?! bleen NO ITS NOT FAIR. While these senators, representives, and all these other puke bleeners live high on the hog... Is it fair that if we were to ever have nuclear fallout the only survivors will probably the most corrupt people on the planet; is that fair? I wonder how many bleenin calluses these "great leaders" have on their hands... WE THE PEOPLE ARE THE BACKBONE OF THIS NATION... I dont know about you but im tired of feeding a welfare nation, and state! I live in kentucky where you dont have to work, just claim back pain and you'll get a disability check along with free health care and all the free pain pills you can eat or sell. Like i said earlier i work and have worked since I was 12 delivering papers and what not, When I go to the doctors with my bought and paid for insurance I still get MEGA bills in the mail!!! HOW FAIR IS THAT? I bet george washington himself would wipe his * with a 1040. I dont know people... I think pride, hurt and disbelief is what is stopping us from realizing that we are so gone from our foundation thats its just too late.

I just had to make this post. We have more than gun rights! And everyday that goes by we lose them 'our rights'

I am not a threat to people, unless trying to educate them is a threat. I thank god that we dont live forever other wise i dont think i could stomach whats going on.

I know some people will say that if you have it so bad you should leave... these people are the root of the problem!!

I dont know how many of you use encryption on your computers but i encourage it! just to keep some nosey ignorant bleen guessing. Most IT professionals will discourage the use of encryption unless its 'sensitive' data; Claiming if you have nothing to hide why worry.. These people that say that ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM!
    EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS OR LOSE THEM!

I do not fear some ignorant 'dedicated' muslim extremist; I fear 'these people' "AMERICANS" bleening up my god given rights... We WILL NEVER be destroyed by a foriegn nation, we will do it to ourselves and it is well on its way, just look at our nation people...
    mothers killing thier babys putting them in dumpsters, senators killing people and getting away with it when the truth is so clear, among countless other infractions of justice happen all around you.

I wonder if me and my buddy went hunting and I shot him in the face at about 27ft would i be eating shrimp and steak 2 hours later, I DOUBT IT. These double standards are a terminal illness to this nation.

This is theortical and is in no way an implication of action!!

Say someone did get a set, and knew they were getting bleened, so they stood up to 'the man' they would be labled a crazy or a domestic terrorist, and 9 new federal gun laws would be passed, 19 in CA. In other words put FOX, CNN, and all the other poop spewers would lable the guy or gal a complete nutcase. its way too late....

All I feel I can do is ask god for help in my struggles as a working american, and with all the natural 'events' taking place i believe my cries have been heard. Only the people of the nation can change this place willingly but god can and will do as he pleases.

God bless ME! and all those in my boat. God **** these people who have drove us in the dirt! and you know what,he is listening...
    I predict we havent seen jack poop as far as natural disaters, nothing yet, this wicked world is cashing in, and god is cashing out.

Whose line are you in?

MMc
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kyplumber
    Say someone did get a set, and knew they were getting bleened, so they stood up to 'the man' they would be labled a crazy or a domestic terrorist,
    Some say it has already happened.
    His name was Timothy McVea.
  • Options
    kyplumberkyplumber Member Posts: 11,111
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    Say someone did get a set, and knew they were getting bleened, so they stood up to 'the man' they would be labled a crazy or a domestic terrorist,

very true... so that would leave the question; was he a nut?
  • Options
    edited November -1

very true... so that would leave the question; was he a nut?

Nut or not, he basically threw a giant, deadly temper tantrum for reasons never entirely clear to me.
    He was an @$$hole who deserved to die.
    My take on all this is that if you care about social issues, then you need to take constructive (not destructive) action.
    It's all well and good to voice concern for society, but it is contradictory to express that concern by killing innocent people (including little children).
    [V]
    We all get a little pissed off and dejected from time to time, but murdering innocent people is not a noble way to try to bring the country back on course.
    If he (and guys like him) had such a positive contribution to make, then they never would wind up doing stuff so negative to show it.
    It is always too easy to tear down, to destroy, complain, to be negative; that is the wide, downhill path that is easy to follow.
    The rough upward way is always the nobler course.
    McVeigh and his ilk (Bin Laden, Hussein, etc.) are all wolves in sheeps clothing; they pretend to be champions of the weak, the underdog, the little guy who struggles to make ends meet.
    What they show themselves to truly be is a bunch of murderers who deserve capital punishment.
    I am not a religious person at all (though I was raised to be a devout Christian), but one of my favorite passages is this:
    MATTHEW 7: 14-20.
    [14] Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
    [15] Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
    [16] Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
    [17] Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
    [18] A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
    [19] Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
    [20] Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
    I am glad that McVeigh was cast into the fire.
    [}:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Will not defend McVey..history will tell all..perhaps.

However..the above post is as fine an example of propaganda as I have ever seen. Propaganda for big government.

They all would prefer to forget the Founders..men who understood that the sword MUST be applied at times.

You see..the pen IS mightier then the sword..at least here in America...where the SWORD built the greatest country ever seen on the face of the earth..the greatest DECENT country, as close to personal freedom ever likely to be seen...and the pen destroyed it, over a couple hundred years.

The above poster prefers to ignore reality..in deference to security.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by Highball
    Will not defend McVey..history will tell all..perhaps.
    However..the above post is as fine an example of propaganda as I have ever seen. Propaganda for big government.

I intended no propaganda.
    I am not clear what is prompting your characterization of my statements as propaganda.

Can you explain?

They all would prefer to forget the Founders..men who understood that the sword MUST be applied at times.

I'm not following you.
    Who is "they?"

You see..the pen IS mightier then the sword..at least here in America...where the SWORD built the greatest country ever seen on the face of the earth..the greatest DECENT country, as close to personal freedom ever likely to be seen...and the pen destroyed it, over a couple hundred years.

O.k., now you've really lost me.
    I agree that the pen is mightier than the sword.
    I also hold to the view that the sword is what has established the milieu in which the pen is mightier than the sword.
    It is a paradox, admittedly, but I understand and believe it.
    (Are you trying to imply that I don't? You misread my post if that is the conclusion you wish to draw from it. My post does not support your conclusion about your guesses as to what my views are on the sword/pen relationship.)

The above poster prefers to ignore reality..in deference to security.
    O.k.
    You don't know me or anything about me.
    Here's a little about me.
    I grew up in a lower middle class home.
    I earned scholarships.
    I went to college.
    I have studied Constitutional law, Latin, classical Greek, political philosophy, and history.
    I support the 2nd Amendment and will defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign or domestic.
    That is a little about me, and those are my views on this topic. (Remember, the topic is "Would you fight?" not "Are there any mind readers out there who can magically guess who is posting "propaganda?").
    Now, in all seriousness, how does my belief that McVeigh was a murderer mean that I "prefer to ignore reality?"
    I honestly do not understand how you can possibly imagine that you know what my views are, especially when you draw conclusions that have nothing to back them up and you don't even know me.
    Please notice: I nowhere said that McVeigh's views were wrong but only that how he acted on them was wrong.
    I have no idea what his views were.
    (Do you?)
    But I am convinced that he was a murderer, and based on that fact I do not want to know what his views are.
    He threw his credibility out the window as far as I am concerned.
    I don't mean to be rude, Mr. Highball, but were you drinking highballs when you wrote that?
    [;)]
    (P.S. you can check the spelling of his name here: http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2001/okc/ )
  • Options
    ryan357ryan357 Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think that a total ban is my worst fear as a gun lover/collector. I have a family and two young boys which I would protect to the death. Hard to do without weapons. As a whole I think that most say they would die for gun ownership, but if confronted by feds at your door while eating dinner, resistance is futile. I will bank on being a contributing member of the NRA and if worst comes to worst, hopefully we who will chose to die, can band together to be effective, as our leaders in the past have to gain the rights we have today.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ryan357
    I think that a total ban is my worst fear as a gun lover/collector. I have a family and two young boys which I would protect to the death. Hard to do without weapons. As a whole I think that most say they would die for gun ownership, but if confronted by feds at your door while eating dinner, resistance is futile. I will bank on being a contributing member of the NRA and if worst comes to worst, hopefully we who will chose to die, can band together to be effective, as our leaders in the past have to gain the rights we have today.

Gun Owners of America compromises a lot less than NRA.
    http://www.gunowners.org/
    Another good organization to investigate is The Alliance for Civil Rights:
    http://www.tacr.us/
    TACR is a California group that broke off the NRA members council basically because the NRA has given up on "the land of nuts, fruits, and flakes," as some people call it.
    I'm not giving up the fight.
    Keep the faith.
    [:(!]
  • Options
    ryan357ryan357 Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info, AIM I will never give up faith in the power of the people
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ryan357
    Thanks for the info, AIM I will never give up faith in the power of the people

I think it is extremely important for us all to promote (and protect) exercise of our 2nd Amendment rights.
    Since the end of the late 19th century, the population has shifted from rural to urban.
    When that happened, the widespread use of rifles began to fade.
    That moment right there marked the decline of the citizen/militia-man.
    What failed to take the rifle's place was widespread CCW (carrying of concealed weapons, for those out there who are not up on the jargon and acronyms).
    What is great cause for optimism is that during the last 18 years (or so) CCW laws and social practices have undergone a dramatic reversal: 18 years ago ten states allowed CCW but today only ten states prohibit it.
    THAT is huge cause for optimism.
    I think a slow, gradual approach focused on these two things is the strategy to take:

1] promoting CCW for self/loved-ones'-protection and
    2] PRO-CCW legislation

I think these two things together make up the best PHASE ONE of a long-term multi-phase transformation of the country's attitude from "don't care about guns" to "We law-abiding citizens should all be armed."

Recent history of CCW reform in this country has in fact already proven that slow, gradual change is the most powerful and the hardest to reverse.

PHASE TWO can then be: "We should all be armed with our pocket pistols AND with battle-ready ARs or AKs."

PHASE THREE can include larger caliber bolt actions for the long range stuff.

To sum it up: I think we need to start small WHILE THINKING BIG.
    [;)]
    Just raving that the government is taking away our rights and therefore we should all buy ARs and AKs and go postal is an easy and impotent response [:o)] to a complex and important problem, a social problem we cannot afford to deal with unthinkingly and unstrategically or like a bunch of raving loonies.
    [8D]
    These are the steps I think we need to take (and in this order):
    1] Expand our numbers.
    (How?)
    2] Create shall-issue CCW policy throughout the land.
    (Then)
    3] Promote daily CCW.
    (Then)
    4] Promote acquisition and mastery of various long gun disciplines.
    [}:)]
  • Options
    4000fps4000fps Member Posts: 786 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do not believe this would ever happen. The Government does not want a confrontation with 300 million firearm owners. They will ban certain firearms, than certain ammo, continue to pass more anti gun laws. They will chip away at us one city, one state at a time. It's already in the works but will not see it in my life time. Most people are like sheep standing in line at the slaughter house. Apathy is every where on all issues. Generally if it does not apply to them directly they just take action with very little thought. Just look at the politicians we have in office. There is corruption every where at all levels of our Government. What really amasses me is that 300 million people will not unite under some titled organization and stand up for what we believe. It does not have to be the NRA. You can call it whatever you want. An organization with 300 million plus members can have it their way and we would not have to worry
    About these gun grabbers.
    Trfox.I have to hand it to you. You are a true patriot and I applaud your stand you make on this forum.
    I had a thought once about 300 million law abiding gun owners marching on Washington so to speak and letting them know IT STOPS NOW! What a dream , hey. Well I see I am rambling so back to the post.

I have no doubt. I would fight and my home would be my last battlefield.
    Ron
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have watched the 'sweet voice of reason'..the TR's and the Miss Small's...tighten the noose around freedom for 40 years. The steady erosion of rights..the steady advance of tyranny...as 'men of reason' urge restraint and compromise.

You don't like someone being negative.? Stop advocating helping the enemy turn rights into privilege. Stop pretending that by some miracle, more laws are going to transform themselves into less laws. Less laws being the hallmark of a free society.

Tell me....Misssmall...which gun laws do YOU support ?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 4000fps
    I do not believe this would ever happen. The Government does not want a confrontation with 300 million firearm owners. They will ban certain firearms, than certain ammo, continue to pass more anti gun laws. They will chip away at us one city, one state at a time. It's already in the works but will not see it in my life time. Most people are like sheep standing in line at the slaughter house. Apathy is every where on all issues. Generally if it does not apply to them directly they just take action with very little thought. Just look at the politicians we have in office. There is corruption every where at all levels of our Government. What really amasses me is that 300 million people will not unite under some titled organization and stand up for what we believe. It does not have to be the NRA. You can call it whatever you want. An organization with 300 million plus members can have it their way and we would not have to worry
    About these gun grabbers.
    Trfox.I have to hand it to you. You are a true patriot and I applaud your stand you make on this forum.
    I had a thought once about 300 million law abiding gun owners marching on Washington so to speak and letting them know IT STOPS NOW! What a dream , hey. Well I see I am rambling so back to the post.

I have no doubt. I would fight and my home would be my last battlefield.
    Ron

Ron, what is the "this" to which you are referring?
    As for corruption and tyranny, both are as old human history.
    Why people act surprised or dismayed that corruption and tyranny exist is a source of puzzlement to me.
    Of course it is a daily and lifelong battle to fight them both.
    And yes, you are right, we have to fight on all fronts, both the microcosmic and the macrocosmic.
    The price of freedom is not only eternal vigilance but also eternal struggle.
    Anyone who cannot handle that should this game out (or be a cheerleader).
    [;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    I have watched the 'sweet voice of reason'..the TR's and the Miss Small's...tighten the noose around freedom for 40 years. The steady erosion of rights..the steady advance of tyranny...as 'men of reason' urge restraint and compromise.

You don't like someone being negative.? Stop advocating helping the enemy turn rights into privilege. Stop pretending that by some miracle, more laws are going to transform themselves into less laws. Less laws being the hallmark of a free society.

Tell me....Misssmall...which gun laws do YOU support ?

First of all, what I like or don't like is irrelevant.
    I shun the negativity I referred to in my earlier post (which you fail to quote and thus make it difficult for people to follow the discussion) because it accomplishes nothing.
    Again, Mr. Highball, you ASSUME.
    And you know what happens when you assume.
    Here is the only "gun law" I am willing to recognize:
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

I think there should be only one "gun law," and it should be uniform everywhere in the land and at all times (with the exception of times of emergency--then I think children should be allowed to carry).
    I think every state that espouses anything less than a "no-permit-necessary" CCW policy is violating the constitution.
    I think that prohibiting carry within certain locations (i.e., except inside prisons or jails) is unconstitutional.
    I think any "licensing fees," for persons who insist on being issued a piece of paper, should only cover the cost of creating and dispensing it and not be a means of raising "revenue."
    (Raising revenue by means of gun licensing should be prohibited by law.)
    I think there should be a minimum age limit (18 is low enough).
    I think we should be able to carry handguns and/or rifles at all times and anywhere in our land (that IS what the 2nd Amendment says).
    All of this makes reciprocity a moot point, but that being said, there should be absolute reciprocity.
    The only state which comes close to having constitutional gun laws, as far as I am aware, is Vermont (but I would have to study that before drawing a conclusion).
    For anyone interested in other states' "gun laws" you can compare (not necessarily up-to-date webpages) here:
    http://www.ccrkba.org/ccwstudy.html
    http://www.packing.org/state/
  • Options
    carbine100carbine100 Member Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I knew that with the way I spelled his name,
    it would not be mistaken, who I was talking about.
    I just wanted to see if anyone would comment about it.
    Tells me volumes.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Tells me volumes.

[eyes are rolling]
    [:p]
    ...please...!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Very well indeed.
    I like to establish early on where people stand. The Second Amendment has nothing contained within it for "Compromises, licenses, permissions"...or anything but OBEDIENCE by elected officials..hereafter referred to as 'sleezebags' by me.

Given that...I finally after many many years decided that I no longer could support the NRA...NOR ANYONE SUPPORTING GUN CONTROL.

I also FULLY understand that we live under tyranny..that we MUST obey the laws........until the sleezebags pass that final law that NO American can obey.

As we obey those laws, however...I fully INTEND to point out to anybody that will listen..that futher compromises merely delay the inevitible...and increase the odds against winning in the end.

EVERY TIME decent men kiss the feet of sleezebags...we lose another bit of freedom and rights. Crawling on my belly is over...I debate/beg no more those duly elected to "Obey the Constitution"...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by AIMSML_MSSML
    Tells me volumes.

[eyes are rolling]
    ...please...!
    Roll your eyes all you want.
    I have done it before, and I WILL do it again.
    Your second post tells me even more about you.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    First you said....

I nowhere said that McVeigh's views were wrong
    In the following sentence you said....
    I have no idea what his views were.
    Hmmm...[?]

Then you asked....
    (Do you?)
    His "view" was, that the government had stepped WAY over the line, when they BURNED ALIVE over 80 men, women, and CHILDREN. (essentially murdering them) He saw this as an atrocity that could not go unanswered/ unpunished. He drew the line in the sand, and took it upon himself, to do something about it. (at least, that is what his defense was, at his trial)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Then you asked....
    (Do you?)

His "view" was, that the government had stepped WAY over the line, when they BURNED ALIVE over 80 men, women, and CHILDREN. (essentially murdering them) He saw this as an atrocity that could not go unanswered/ unpunished. He drew the line in the sand, and took it upon himself, to do something about it. (at least, that is what his defense was, at his trial)

He commits an atrocity to right the wrong of a previous atrocity?
    That way madness lies . . .[8]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    just found this, http://www.cccnews.net/shot.htm

pretty wild read...

This is pretty wild too.
    http://www.awfulplasticsurgery.com/archives/000351.html
    http://www.bettybowers.com/newspassion.html
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So...Miss Small;
    You respond to a post that pretty fairly describes the condition America finds herself in...with one about nonsense.
    Perhaps there is a reason you find Californication attractive to live in.